2015 Harvest Stompede Recipe by Susan Braymer, Laurentide Winery
- 1c Black lentils
- 1c Tan Lentils
- 1 Vegetable Bouillon cube
- 1T Seasoning Blend as desired
- 1 t Sea Salt
- 1 Carrot peeled and grated
- 1 Celery stick sliced thin
- ½ Red Pepper diced
- ½ Orange Pepper diced
- ½ c Red Leaf lettuce julienned
- ½ c Green Leaf Lettuce julienned
- ¼ c Raisins
- ½ c Almonds, sliced and toasted
- ½ c Feta Cheese crumbled
- 2 Red Onions sliced
- 2 Garlic clove
- 2T Olive oil
- ½ c Laurentide Chardonnay
- ¼ c Olive Oil
- ¼ c Fresh Lemon Juice
- Lemon Zest from 1 Lemon reserve
- ~½ c Water
- ¼ c Dijon Mustard
- 1 T Honey or to taste
- 1 t Sea Salt or to taste
- 1 t Cracked Pepper or to taste
- Combine lentils with bouillon, seasoning blend and salt. Cover 2 c lentils with 2 c water and cook lentils in pressure cooker 3 minutes until al dente. Release pressure to end cooking quickly so the lentils retain “bite”.
- Prepare the rest of the salad vegetables and ingredients. Gently combine vegetables with cooled lentils.
- Caramelize the onion and garlic under low heat with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper while cooking down. Combine with all the rest of the dressing ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. Adjust thickness of dressing carefully with water to thin if desired and salt and pepper to taste. Add reserved lemon zest.
- Pour enough of the dressing over the lentils and vegetables to coat lightly and lastly add the raisins, almonds and feta mixing gently. Refrigerate any extra dressing.
- Pair with Laurentide Chardonnay, our unoaked Chablis style classic award winner! Cheers….
Serves: 6 or more as a side